Sunday, June 13, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood. 100 Miles. June 5, 2010


My sister-in-law Shelli and I rode the Little Red Riding Hood on Saturday, June 5th. It's a women's only cycling ride through Northern Utah and Southern Idaho.

My first tattoo. My sister-in-law Daneen wrote "Dylan" on my arm with Henna before the race. I dedicated the ride to my friend Dylan who passed away from leukemia 3 1/2 years ago at the young age of 15. I'm sure he could watch us from heaven!

We started at 8:30 am, after spending the night in Brigham City with Aunt Wendy and Uncle Rick.



There were rest stops every 10-15 miles and we took advantage of them! Plenty of food and water and women on bikes everywhere!
Shelli's first time to Idaho!




Thanks to Kelly for these great pictures!!
Victory at the finish line! We finished at 5:15 pm! 100 miles. Whew!

3 comments:

debbie said...

You go girl! That's awesome!

Shelli said...

Thanks, Kelly, for the pics!!!

Thanks, Ali, for joining me on this awesome journey!

Earl Family said...

Wow. You are amazing. I am so proud of you! Have you been running? I need help!!!