Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hawaii Snorkeling

I have several posts to write about our trip to the Big Island of Hawaii from March 3rd to the 12th.

This was taken at Manini Beach in Kealakekua Bay. These fish-- Yellow Tang--were so bright and there were so many of them that you could see them in the water from the shore!

I love the black, white, and yellow fish--Moorish Idol.

I don't know what this fish is called, but it is my favorite. Pink, purple, teal, yellow and turquoise all on one fish; it's like a kid got their crayons out to paint it!

Some beaches had black sand, and some white. This one had salt and pepper sand.

4 comments:

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

Cute toes! They look so cute against the "salt and pepper" sand.

The Shepherd family said...

Love the crayon fish too!!!! Glad you had a good time!!! and thanks for sharing your pics!!! :o)

Earl Family said...

DREAMY! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

The Smiths said...

Wow awesome pictures. So I have to ask what camera did you use? Mark and I are looking for an underwater camera to take diving. Also the "crayon fish" the first one is called a Parrot Fish and the second one is called a Yellowtail Coris Wrasse. They are so pretty. Can't wait for more adventure stories and pictures.