Monday, March 29, 2010

Volcanoes and waterfalls

Okay, I'm finally finishing up with blogging about Hawaii. The panoramic pictures are small on here, but if you click on them, you can see the larger version.

This was taken in the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park--the Kilauea Crater. Pretty amazing.


This is the Thurston Lava Tube- a huge cave made from the lava flow.


The steam vents in the park were cool. It was raining pretty hard and we got soaked to get this picture, but it was fun!!

A panoramic of Punulu'u beach.

The forest where we went ziplining.

Spencer Beach. My family went to Hawaii years ago while I was on my mission and this is the beach they camped on. This beach was actually closed to swimmers because of jellyfish. I saw 3 little jellyfish when we were out snorkling and I hightailed it out of the water. We met a lady who looked like she had chicken pox all over her legs because she had a run-in with the jellyfish. Yikes!

Rainbow Falls

Akaka Falls

2 comments:

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

Okay I just checked out all your Hawaii pics. I'm ready to go! You took some great shots. And ziplining - one of my favorite adventures in my life so far (we did it through the jungle in Guatemala).

Did you sign up for LRRH?

Melody M. Evans said...

Wow, that place is gorgeous. Glad you had fun there! What a cool panoramic camera, too.