I did the Woman of Steel triathlon in American Fork yesterday. 1000 women competing in a 300 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run. My friend Nora talked me into doing this--I recruited Michelle, and she recruited Natalie :)
No picture of the swim ;) We were one of the last people in the pool. Waited in line for 70 minutes! Did the swim in 10 minutes 46 seconds. I had to pass some ladies along the way, which isn't that easy when you are swimming in one lane with people going both directions. The bike ride took 54 minutes.
Michelle and I running. I'm so glad I had someone to race with! She ended up smoking me in the run though. I had to walk up the big hill at the start because my legs thought they were done after the bike ride. But I did run the last 2 miles and finished the 5K in 36 minutes.
Woohoo! With the transition times, final race time was 1 hour 51 minutes.
Love it, love it, love it!! I have more pictures of just you I'd be happy to email to you. Send me your email through facebook. Excited to do some summer rides with you!
Congrats! Doesn't it feel so good to do???!! You did great! the pool sounds hard though having to wait your turn, when we did it it was in a lake so it was a mob that ran in and you just had to try to not get trampled! Congrats on you new little one!! Definitely another cutie (and might save your back a little when holding!)!!!
8 comments:
Love it, love it, love it!! I have more pictures of just you I'd be happy to email to you. Send me your email through facebook. Excited to do some summer rides with you!
Um...Excuse me? Did you NOT just have a baby? And look at you!
You are an inspiration my friend.
Amazing Job Ali! Thats awesome!
You are amazing--that's all I can say!
You are so amazing! Way to go!
So Cool! You are truly an inspiration. Way to go!
Way to go. I'm so impressed with your recovery. I'll email picture soon.
Congrats! Doesn't it feel so good to do???!! You did great! the pool sounds hard though having to wait your turn, when we did it it was in a lake so it was a mob that ran in and you just had to try to not get trampled! Congrats on you new little one!! Definitely another cutie (and might save your back a little when holding!)!!!
Post a Comment