So I watched Rachael Ray yesterday while on the elliptical at the gym and she made these cute frittatas. I'd never made frittatas before. I just had to come home and make them for dinner! They are so good! I had them for breakfast too!
Zucchini and Leek Frittatas
4 eggs
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper
2 small zucchini (I used one zucchini and one yellow squash)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
3 leeks, thinly sliced and washed
Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, parsley, cheeses, and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
Trim the zucchini ends and grate each one lengthwise over a box grater to take the flesh off without pulling out any of the seeds. (You will have the centers of the squash left over to throw away--so the frittata isn't too moist.)Place a medium size skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Sauté the leeks and zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Spray the inside of each cup of a six-cup muffin pan with some olive oil or cooking spray. Divide the leek mixture between the six cups. Push the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup to form a “nest”. Divide the egg mixture between the six cups, pouring it directly into each nest. Bake until the eggs are set and puffed, 8-10 minutes.
Let set a minute before removing. Serve warm.
Yes, I adapted her recipe a bit. Left the cream out. Didn't miss it at all!
1 month ago



No comments:
Post a Comment