Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Good Manners

So this morning I asked Bryndi if she wanted some milk. She yelled, "No! I do NOT want some milk!" I told her calmly so say "no thank you, Mommy". Which she did, and then she looked up at me and said, "I sorry I scream at you, Mommy."

Then later we were at a friend's house and it was time to go. I said, "Bryndi, come here," and she came up to me and said, "Yes, ma'am?"

If I give Bryndi something that she likes (like candy), she almost always looks up at me with a smile and says, "Thanks, Mommy! Thanks!" without any prompting from me.

We have a neighbor family from Mexico who doesn't speak much English. The nine year old girl, Nancy, who Brydni calls Dancy, comes over frequently in the afternoons to have me translate the instructions to her homework. She always brings her 4-year-old cousin Melissa along. Bryndi lights up whenever she sees Melissa and says, "Look, Mom! My best friend!"

This evening Bryndi's stuffed lamb fell off the bed. She picked her up and said in her sweetest voice, "You okay, Lamb? You go bonk? You got owie? I kiss it better." She gave her lamb a kiss and cuddled her. She does that all the time to her dolls or stuffed animals if they fall down.

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

So CUTE! So SWEET!

debbie said...

Sounds like Bryndi has a pretty great mom who teaches by example! So cute!